Interested in a tech bootcamp but intimidated by the tuition?
You can attend a top bootcamp and learn web development or cybersecurity skills for free, thanks a partnership between NYC and Fullstack Academy to offer dozens of full-tuition scholarships to New Yorkers looking for a path into the city’s booming tech economy.
Under the programs, qualified New Yorkers will be awarded full scholarships to attend either the Web Development Fellowship or the Cyber NYC Boot Camp or at Fullstack Academy’s Manhattan training center.
Application deadline: June 30
Course dates: July 12 to December 13, 2019 (Four weeks part-time and 18 weeks of full-time training)
- Cyber NYC Boot Camp qualifies students for two specific cybersecurity roles—Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst and Penetration Tester. The curriculum includes lectures, workshops, and hands-on cyber-attack simulations. The 17-week, full-time program will teach both “red team” (offense) and “blue team” (defense) skills and will train students to use state-of-the-art cybersecurity tools, as well as for multiple advanced cybersecurity certifications.
Application deadline: July 21
Course dates: September 2 to November 29 (Four weeks part-time and 13 weeks of full-time training)
To qualify for Web Development Fellowship or NYC Cyber Boot Camp, you must be:
- A NYC resident 18 or older
- Unemployed or have an annual income of $50,000 or less
- Have no previous professional web development or cybersecurity experience, respectively
- Have no computer science or cybsersecurity degree, respectively
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for web development, start here.
To apply for cybersecurity, start here.